Sunday, June 30, 2013

The country, as it passes by


A journey to and from a delicious lunch in Koringberg, with a quick stop to buy proteas beside the road.


The last time I drove up here, on the N7 (the road to Namibia), it was dry, dusty, hot, brown, white.


Now it is green. Up, and down. 


Young wheat. 


On the way back to Cape Town again I saw blue cranes stepping through it.


Then the dark blue mountain appeared.


Devil's Peak and the mountain, just before 6pm.

And then President Obama's traffic jams swallowed me up.

2 comments:

  1. Just like DC without the mountains, the cranes,the blue skies and the roadside protea.

    Presidential motorcade? Check.

    xo J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo's Marie! I love proteas and can purchase them locally. I wonder where they're importing them from?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.